Lot 13 - Amy Dury - Devoted
Acrylic & ink on paper
Signed on Verso
This auction is raising proceeds for War Child UK
She works in oil and acrylic paint, alongside drawing and mixed media. She lives and works in Hove. Recent notable events include appearing on Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year ’21, and accepted for the 2021 Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize. In March 2021 she conducted a livestream portrait painting session for the Tate Instagram. She was chosen to respond to Edvard Munch print for Society of Scottish Artists 22/23 Annual Show. In December 2022 she was a guest interviewee on John Daltons podcast.
Amy Dury studied BA Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art (1993–97) and an MA Fine Art at University of Brighton(2000–2002)
2023 March Exhibitor at The Other Art Fair, London
• 2022/3 Society of Scottish Artists 130th Annual Exhibition – Commissioned piece
responding to Edvard Munch
• 2022 December - Guest on John Daltons Art Podcast
• 2022 October – Sussex Contemporary at the i360 Brighton – 2 pieces
• 2022 November – ING Discerning Eye at the Mall Galleries, London
• 2022 September Figures Group Show Cameron Contemporary, Hove
• 2022 July -Beep Contemporary, Swansea
• 2022 March ‘Time & Place ’with Jane Campling -Cameron Contemporary, Hove
• 2022 March Featured in Sussex Life Magazine
• 2022 February Featured in ‘Artists and Illustrators’Magazine
• 2022 February Winner of Zealous Painting Stories
• 2021 S8 E5 Sky Portrait Artist of the Year contestant
• 2021 ‘Amy Dury & Phillip Maltman ’at Rise Gallery, Berwick St., London
• 2021 Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize ‘ –Self-Defence’
• 2021 Livestream Portrait painting for the Tate -painting Cornelia Parker for
International Womens Day.
Cameron Contemporary, Hove
Statement about AOAP Submitted Artwork
I have depicted hugs. So needed, so missed in Covid times. A skill being relearnt.
You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any works. In doing so, you endanger our relationships with artists, and directly jeopardise the charitable work we do. Anyone found doing so will be subject to legal action.
PLEASE DO NOT BID ON ARTWORK IN OUR ART ON A POSTCARD AUCTIONS IF YOU INTEND ON SELLING THE ARTWORK AFTER YOU HAVE PURCHASED IT. THIS AUCTION HAS BEEN ORGANISED FOR CHARITY AND ALL ARTWORKS HAVE BEEN GENEROUSLY DONATED BY THE ARTISTS TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE HEPATITIS C TRUST. WHEN THE WORK PRODUCED FOR THE CHARITY IS SOLD ON THE SECONDARY MARKET IT DAMAGES OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ARTIST AND PREVENTS US FROM FUNDRAISING.