Lot 149 - Pen Dalton - Postcard Painting
Watercolour on Paper
A6 (15 x 10cm) Original Artwork
Signed on verso
Pen is a Londoner who has practised, lectured and published internationally on issues mainly concerned with Art and Subjectivity. In recent years she has turned to painting as the paradigm art discourse. Her main thoughts now are concerned with the nature of painting - in a digital world - and how it engages in the body/mind.
University of Brighton, MEd
University of Plymouth, PhD
- Kyoto, Japan March 2021 Thing Worlds
- Made In Britain: 82 painters of the 21st century, Muzeum Narodowe w Gdańsk [National Gallery of Poland in Gdansk] 14/3 – 2/6 2019
- Contemporary Masters from Britain: 80 British Painters of the 21st Century Priseman Seabrook collection Yantai Art Museum, China 7/7-3/8; Artall Gallery, Nanjing, China 10-23/11; Jiangsu Art Museum, Nanjing, China 30/10-5/112017
- Work in the Victoria and Albert Museum Print collection, London
- member of ArtUK [included in National Art Collection] https://artuk.org/discover/artists/dalton-pen-b-1944
- prints in Musee De l' Affiche, Paris
Statement about AOAP Submitted Artwork
Unusual for me to work on paper and at this scale. Quite excited ...
PLEASE DO NOT BID ON ARTWORK IN OUR ART ON A POSTCARD AUCTIONS IF YOU INTEND ON SELLING THE ARTWORK AFTER YOU HAVE PURCHASED IT. THIS AUCTION HAS BEEN ORGANISED FOR CHARITY AND ALL ARTWORKS HAVE BEEN GENEROUSLY DONATED BY THE ARTISTS TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE HEPATITIS C TRUST. WHEN THE WORK PRODUCED FOR THE CHARITY IS SOLD ON THE SECONDARY MARKET IT DAMAGES OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ARTIST AND PREVENTS US FROM FUNDRAISING.