Lot 370 - Julia Soboleva - Pieced Together
Gouache and Pen on Top of a Photographic Image
A6 (15x10cm) Original Artwork
Signed on Verso
JULIA SOBOLEVA is mixed-media artist based in the UK. Her processes involve painting and collage on found photographic imagery, as well as performance and video. Being born and raised in a post-Soviet era, Julia explores the notions of madness and reality, family, taboo and trans-generational
trauma in her work. She obtained a Master's Degree in Illustration at Manchester School of Art, and
has gone on to work as an educator and freelance illustrator.
BA (Hons) Illustration - Southampton Solent University
MA Illustration - Manchester School of Art
- Showstudio Fashion Illustration Menswear A/W 19, 2019, online, Export House, London
- Einblick 6: Julia Soboleva, 2021, Heliumcowboy Artspace, Hamburg, one-week solo show
Natürlich, 2022, Heliumcowboy Artspace, Hamburg, a group show of six female artists
- This is The End of the World My Love, 2022, Digswell Arts Gallery, Letchworth, UK, a joint exhibition with Veronika Peat
- Please Don’t Mind Me While I Ugly Cry, 2022, The Eye Altering, Thessaloníki, Greece, a group show of fifteen Greek and international artists
- The Rogues Gallery, 2022, Mepaintsme at mepaintsme.com, an online group show
PLEASE DO NOT BID ON ARTWORK IN OUR ART ON A POSTCARD AUCTIONS IF YOU INTEND ON SELLING THE ARTWORK AFTER YOU HAVE PURCHASED IT. THIS AUCTION HAS BEEN ORGANISED FOR CHARITY AND ALL ARTWORKS HAVE BEEN GENEROUSLY DONATED BY THE ARTISTS TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE HEPATITIS C TRUST. WHEN THE WORK PRODUCED FOR THE CHARITY IS SOLD ON THE SECONDARY MARKET IT DAMAGES OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ARTIST AND PREVENTS US FROM FUNDRAISING.